Social Media Shares:
Storms formed on the southern Darling Downs and are moved north east on Wednesday 23rd December 2015. One severe cell produced large hail in Stanthorpe and ripped a roof of at Applethorpe. Strawberry crops were ruined in some areas.
The major hail storm formed on the southern Downs and moved through Stanthorpe to the Boonah/Beaudesert area. Other cells on the Darling Downs are moved east north east past Toowoomba. There were reports of two supercell storms.
The storms eventually merged into a rain band that passed over the coast later in the evening.
- Katie Owens took this great one near Bowenville shared on Higgins Storm Chasing
Added Wednesday 23/12/2015 22:46
- Juanita Watson shared this hail picture from Stanthorpe with Higgins Storm Chasing
Added Wednesday 23/12/2015 20:40
- Christopher Cookie Cook shared this Darling Downs lightning strike with Higgins Storm Chasing
Added Wednesday 23/12/2015 20:38
- Xtreme Inflow shared this lightning shot from Cecil Plains
Added Wednesday 23/12/2015 20:31[facebook_embedded_post href="https://www.facebook.com/xtremeinflow/photos/a.963952550288322.1073741829.931771370173107/1232693653414209/?type=3&theater"]
- Clayton Paul shared this storm damage photo from Stanthorpe with South Brisbane Storms
Added Wednesday 23/12/2015 9:05
- Morgan De Britt shared this gust front from Goondiwindi with Higgins Storm Chasing
Added Wednesday 23/12/2015 7:25
- Mariposa Pereira shared this hail video from Stanthorpe with Higgins Storm Chasing
Added Wednesday 23/12/2015 7:24